Whether you are running a local business or a home-based business, it would be foolhardy to ignore the power of digital marketing to your business. Digital marketing offers an unlimited platform for marketing your business online. Be it email, social media or Google search.
For effective social media marketing, if you are running a local business, it is essential for you to target your social media marketing to potential customers around your geographical area. This article will show you how 2 powerful digital media tools to help you grow your business and reach out to clients in your locality.
1. Design an attractive website.
Nowadays, more and more people are turning to their mobile phones to conduct Google searches. Your potential customer is more likely to Google about the products and services offered in the industry you are in rather than search for it physically. And you want to be at the top of the list when they do so. To achieve this;
- Optimize your website for searches. Ensure you give comprehensive information about your product or service, location, and multiple contacts to reach you.
- Ensure your site is mobile friendly, that is, it can fit on the screen of different mobile and tablet designs. This will also give your site top rankings in a Google search.
- Keyword is essential- use keywords that people searching for your products or services online are likely to use
Here is a video outlining some of the elements you need to include in your website.
2. Exploit the power of social media
Social media is a potent tool for marketing your business. It is a force that just cannot be ignored;
Create a Facebook page for your business.
- Put a clear and attractive profile picture and background cover. Then invite your friends and family to like the page and to spread the word.
- Keep your page alive by regularly updating it with meaningful and helpful content.
- Use your page to drive traffic to your website.
Similarly, create a Twitter account for your business and use catchy words to drive traffic to your site. Remember Twitter limits your word count to 144 characters, so make it worthwhile.
- Use relevant and popular hashtags to advertise your business.
- Ensure your profile picture and biography represents your brand well.
Use your Instagram page to attract followers (who are also potential customers or clients) with beautiful pictures of your work or anything involving your job whether it is charity, travel, etc.
It is the leading online video platform. Use it to advertise your brand. It is also an excellent tool for Search Engine Optimization since it is owned by Google.
The world is digital and digital trends continue changing and getting advanced. This gives you a golden opportunity to move ahead making use of online marketing tools that cost little to nothing. Social media marketing is customer-centered and is focused on value-addition. Post what is helpful and manful to your clients and satisfies their needs and watch your business reach the skies.